Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Well That Window of Opportunity Wasted No Time in Slamming Shut on My Fingers. Ow.

Today I had my interview with the 4th year co-ordinator, the clinical placements co-ordinator, and the student advisor about whether or not going to Winnipeg for my 10 week practicum would be appropriate for me or not. Apparently "it is not in my best interest to go"

So in a 20 minute interview they were able to determine what was best for me. In 20 minutes of making me feel really nervous, and stupid they were able to decide what is in "my best interest". Wow. I mean, even my parent's wouldn't tell me something was "not in my best interest" and they've known me a lot longer than 20 minutes.

So anyway. I had my interview, was told that I'd know by the end of the week, I went home, had lunch, had a nap, woke up and discovered I had an e-mail that said no. So I went to Little Bits, did my volunteer thing, cried in the parking lot, went home and then in order to prevent more crying I ran. And while running (which really is great when you don't want to cry because it is hard to cry and run) I had to make a list.

A list to replace the list of things I was excited for in Winnipeg.
I know that it will not make my disappointment go away, but I know that just dwelling on the things, like Literary Night, that I wanted so bad will not make the next few months any easier.
So here's my list. It's not the greatest, but I need it.

1. Possibly living with Megan and Kyle
2. Volunteering for Little Bits fall classes
3. Keeping my job at Red Arrow
4. Tea dates with Katie if she stays in the city
5. Laughing at Tim Hortons with Jess
6. Visiting the farm
7. Maybe now I'll get to do my placement in the NICU
8. I don't have to go out of my comfort zone now

So this is the list I'm clinging to.
And I can't post the other list. The list of reasons why Winnipeg was going to be so great.
Because for now Winnipeg is on hold.

1 comment:

mrsrichter said...

i will be here. there will be tea dates aplenty.