Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Gotta Be a Better Way

For the most part I would say that Christian's (or the majority of them) manage to keep people from staring at us and wondering just what we think we're doing. Ash Wednesday though, is just one of those days where we do things that may make other people give us weird looks. On Ash Wednesday we draw crosses on our foreheads with ashes.

Talk about weird looks. I had one on my head and I STILL had to give the other's weird looks because of theirs! HA ha. I mean, I understand the solemn kind of symbolism behind the whole thing, but I hope I'm still allowed to see the humour in it.

As for the ash crosses...there needs to be a ceremony for removing them. How on earth do you wash off this cross on your forehead that you got in this solemn service?? Can you just wash it off? Or should you leave it til it kind of rubs off on its own? Seriously, this is something that they don't consider before they draw it on your head. Booo!!!

I just wiped mine off with a piece of toilet paper. I hope that's ok.

Well, Lent has started to I guess I had better go and start replacing my bad thoughts with some good ones...

No comments: