Sunday, March 4, 2012

What Makes Blue?

Blue. It's how I've been feeling. My sinus thing keeps coming and going, and when it's here the pressure is so intense with the occasional stabbing pain in my ear. I wish I knew if it is because of allergies or some sort of infection I can't shake. I suppose it means another dr visit. Sigh. The worst part of making a dr appointment is the whole trying to get ahold of them thing...I always end up on hold for 10 minutes and then get told to leave a message and never get called back. Although, I shouldn't complain, since in Edmonton I got to experience the joys of NOT having a GP and the walk-in clinics you get to deal with instead.

This whole church plant thing has me on the verge of hysterics. Ugly-crying-hysterics. I know it is a fabulous thing that the church is able to expand and reach out to the city in another location, but it is taking ALL my new friends from church and some of my dearest old friends. I don't have the time, level of commitment, or the skills needed for being a part of the church plant, so I just get to say goodbye to everyone. And I am not a crazy die hard fan of that. It makes me just want to vanish into the background and hide out somewhere so that goodbyes just don't have to happen. Yay for withdrawing! Lifesaver.

I think I have decided that I LOVE the transplant part of my job...which is kind of sad because as much as I love the transplant part, it's not the only part, and I don't love the other part as much. I think it's incredible though. Ooh, ear stab.

Tomorrow is a Briony day. I'm psyched. She usually jumps around all excitedly when I show up...which is heartwarming, and who can stay blue when someone ADORABLE is excited to see you. Who can be blue then?

G'night.

1 comment:

gavin said...

Oh, Katie. Fret not, sister.

We'll stay close. And shift work people reap the benefits of a situation with two sister churches having different time slots for their weekly worship.... :)