Monday, August 17, 2009

It's Still August Ya Know

I've pulled out my flannel pajama's. That's right. August = Flannel Pajama Weather. I'm not yet ready to close the window and lock out the fresh air, so I brought out the flannel pajama's. I'm nice and cozy now. Listening to Jennie's playlist in my non-matching flannel pajama's (non-matching because for Christmas one year my parents gave me flannel pajama bottoms with a long sleeve matching pajama top, but the bottoms have a hole in them, and I didn't feel like sewing tonight, so I put on a spare pair of flannel pajama bottoms on...you know you're Canadian when you have spare flannel clothing).

On Thursday I was all ready to go to work for a night shift, and I woke up, was going to go to the bathroom and then sleep some more, but instead, I sat up, turned my head and heard/felt this awful awful grinding in my neck. Apparently one of my vertebrae decided to make a bit of a left turn. I did not go to the bathroom, and I did not go to work because I could not move. The worst part was that I couldn't even look at the drawer where my left over wisdom-teeth-removed-prescription-pain-killers were hiding, let alone get up and go get them. After laying in pain for an hour, trying to sleep off and on, and hoping the pain would magically go away I finally gave up hope and forced myself to move. I took 800mg of Ibuprofen and a Tylenol #4 (who has ever heard of a Tylenol #4???!!!). The prescription said to take a half tablet of the T4, but it's not scored very well, and i had nothing to cut it with, so I took the whole thing. The pain became a little less sharp, but mostly I just slept for a really long time after that. I worked the next 3 nights though, and then this morning I got off work, slept for a bit, and then booked an appointment with a massage therapist who told me that my vertebrae was rotated and that's what was causing the pain. Yay for people who know what's oin on. And massages!

Work was crazy ridiculous over the weekend too. We were short. Bad things happened. I had 8 patients for a little while...luckily they were a generally loveable bunch of people. I love my job. I do. I think I lose focus on that a lot when I can't be good at my job, but I do love my patients.

I think it's time to heat up my wheat bag, and curl up under the blankets in my flannel pajama's and sleep until forever.

Happy night to you.

No comments: