Sunday, April 26, 2009

IV the Gum Chewing Dog

Tonight as I was walking my dog, and fighting to get a piece of gum she picked up off the ground out of her mouth (which is difficult by yourself, you need to use one hand to kind of pin her against your leg, and another hand to open her mouth, and then another hand to pick the gum out of her mouth...so if you're anything like me and have only 2 hands you are forced to pin her, hold her mouth open and hope gravity will pull the gum out) I thought to myself "I should write a children's book about IV the Gum Chewing Dog.
*that was probably the longest bracketed thought I have ever written...possibly...it's gotta be close to my record though).

In other news I took Jen to the airport this morning so she could fly to Alberta where she is moving for the summer, and I wasn't sure how I would feel about that. Not about her leaving, but about living in Alberta. I wondered if I'd be at the airport wishing terribly that I was going back to Alberta too. It didn't happen. I just wanted to fly somewhere sunny, warm, with a beach...which isn't going to happen either.

So right now I don't know where I'm headed. I love my job and the people I work with. I love the people I live with, and the friends I hang out with. I don't know what next is, or when it's supposed to happen. So I'm gonna go with the flow and be here.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I LIKE YOU TOO!! I finally found your blog :)
I like hearing your voice in my head as I read the words you have written.