Friday, August 8, 2008

Which Me Shall I Be?

It's super ridiculous but I am so excited! My instructor and one of my nursing buddies calls me SWAN!!! Which to me means that I've been the real me!

See, I kind of categorize what I'm called into 3 groups:
To many I am Katie--the quiet shy girl who just listens a lot and doesn't have a whole lot to say. Pretty forgettable.
Then there are quite a few who know me as Katie Swan--simply distinguishing me from the many other fantastic Katie's that they know.
Finally there are those who call me Swan, Swanny, Swan Princess and these people are the ones who recognize that I'm a troublemaker at heart, they've heard me laugh out loud, and talk, and argue, and get angry or upset. Be way overly dramatic, exaggerate to the point of outlandish. They've seen a whole lot more of me than shows when you first meet me.

And I'm so excited that they feel comfortable calling me Swan. I mean, they haven't seen all of my craziness since I'm supposed to be rather professional....but there have been "water" fights in the med room (by "water" I mean prefilled normal saline syringes make great weapons).

I hope that when I figure out where I'm going I get to be the crazy person I want to be. That I'll overcome the awkwardness I first have when meeting people.
I hate to ask for so much, but I would love for God to give me some sort of direction, and to help me find that place and be all the crazy I can be.
I like to think that somehow my crazy reflects Him.

Oh! And I've heard that finding apartments in Winnipeg is like pulling teeth out of an angry rhino...and in January no one will be moving because it's COLD++++. So now I had seriously been like "hmm...I could totally go to Winnipeg" but now I'm afraid that living in my car until spring is not really a good option...but I dunno what to do!!! Gotta seek God's will some more.

No comments: