Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Divine Thumbs Up OR When the Muffler Fell Off

So today my lil brother and I were heading back to the big ol' city from teeny tiny Breton and we were talking about my new car and how we both suffer from buyers regret when we purchase something expensive (and let's face it: a car is pretty much the most expensive thing I 've EVER bought...with the exception of 4 years of university tuition). Then just the itsy bitsy-est bit further along the road and we hit a medium sized bump and I look in my rear view mirror and there is my muffler (except I don't know that's what it is) rolling down the road behind me.

"wow, that bump took the bottom off my car!"
"ha ha, yup. It was close"
"No! Seriously! Look!"
"whoa! I thought you were joking"
"nope."

So then follows a five minute period of my roadside dramatics which ranges from dramatic screams, fake sobbing, dragging my feet through the mud, and hysterical laughter, while my brother calls my dad to inform him of the latest katies-car-update. (I hear my brother say "So, Katie's muffler just fell off" and my dad starts laughing.)

So anyway. I think that God was telling me not to feel guilty for buying a new car, and the clearest way He could think of doing this was to just drop my muffler on the side of the road.

So ultimately: I can't wait til Wednesday!!

1 comment:

Jason Mills said...

A little reassurance is always nice, eh?

By the way, what kind of car did you buy?